Tuesday, September 11, 2012

JayG asks a Question...Part2

Sorry should have posted this sooner JayG

But, before Life so rudely interrupted I was going for a Kevin Bacon Baker like post.

I was going to tell about length of time I’ve been carrying a light (everyday since mid September of '94.) and some pros and cons of different lights, etc.

But now, it's going to be “all linky, no thinky”. Well, mostly.


Well I used to send people to CPF for info but it has devolved to a hive of scum and villainy. ;)

Also some helpful youtube videos by "Selfbuilt"

I don't recommend cr123a lights anymore as the batteries are expensive and you just have to Google “cr123a battery explosion” to get an idea what can go wrong with multi-cell lights.

So I just stick to regular batteries and rechargeable single cell lights.


And now, Pictures!

Here are my current rotation of lights from the top


1. UltraFire WF-502B Cree R2-WC (1*18650/2*CR123A)
     Currently it is my brightest light, it's a P60 host and with a 18650 it lasts a long damn time. Its $3 cheaper now then when I got it.
     
2. Romisen Cree RC-N3 (1xCR123A/2xAA)
    This one is still one of the most versatile of the group. Has a "tactical" forward clickie and a fast strobe. I mostly use it with a 16340
Remove the head for a nice flood
With  and Without
 
 My current EDC. I have the no longer available 3 mode programmable version. The only problem I've had is that the pocket clip broke. Very bright on a 14500, not so bad with AA. Review
    Also no longer available Review

and

5. LED Keychain Flashlights
  My secondary EDC on my keys. Also what I give out when people ask me for a light.

I can recommend number 1. 2. and 5.  Also to go with the rechargeable li-ion batteries

Suggestions for new lights in next post.



No comments:

Post a Comment